Volunteering with Warrington Community Living can take many different forms depending upon your interests, time availability and capabilities.
As a not for profit charity, funded by limited public money, we are always keen to get the extra help that volunteers can offer, but it isn't a one way transaction. A sense of making a positive contribution, learning new skills and facets of themselves, gaining experience for future work or seeing if a career in social care is one that suits them, these are just a few of the rewards that volunteers get in return.
We have a number of locations around Warrington that may be more convenient for you, and a number of different roles. Maybe you would like to offer direct support to people or help us behind the scenes. This could include for instance:
- Spending time with an older person, offering some company and helping them to reminisce
- Supporting someone with a learning disability to enjoy going out to a show or to watch the Wolves
- Supporting a craft or music activity with a group of people recovering from mental health issues
- Be part of someone's community circle - an isolated person with few friends or family to look out for their needs and interests needs people who will get involved
- Helping with one of the gardens at our residential homes
- Bringing a group of friends or colleagues to help us with some decorating
- Providing some essential support in one of our offices, helping answer the phones and greeting visitors
These are just a range of ideas. Why not get in touch and ask about what you could do to help support people to active citizens in the community.
If you are interested in volunteering for us please contact us
Email: email@example.com Phone: 01925 246 870
You can download the application pack to complete by clicking on the links below.