Volunteering with Warrington Community Living can take many different forms depending upon your interests, time availability and capabilities.
As a not for profit charity, funded by limited public money, we are always keen to get the extra help that volunteers can offer, but it isn't a one way transaction. A sense of making a positive contribution, learning new skills and facets of themselves, gaining experience for future work or seeing if a career in social care is one that suits them, these are just a few of the rewards that volunteers get in return.
We have a number of locations around Warrington that may be more convenient for you, and a number of different roles. Maybe you would like to offer direct support to people or help us behind the scenes. This could include for instance:
- Spending time with an older person, offering some company and helping them to reminisce
- Supporting someone with a learning disability to enjoy going out to a show or to watch the Wolves
- Supporting a craft or music activity with a group of people recovering from mental health issues
- Be part of someone's community circle - an isolated person with few friends or family to look out for their needs and interests needs people who will get involved
- Helping with one of the gardens at our residential homes
- Bringing a group of friends or colleagues to help us with some decorating
- Providing some essential support in one of our offices, helping answer the phones and greeting visitors
These are just a range of ideas. Why not get in touch and ask about what you could do to help support people to active citizens in the community.