Community Mental Health Support Worker (Community)
Job role: Specialist Support Worker
Service: Community Mental Health & Wellbeing
Hours per week: 39 (5 x 7.8 hour days - Monday to Friday)
Salary: £10.70 per hour
Experience required: An insight into mental health needs and how to support people with these. Applicants must also have a current valid full UK driving licence.
As a Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Worker you will provide professional, high quality support to people who access our supported living and complex mental health outreach services. You will do this in a way which maximises their choice and independence; supporting them to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions while championing our Values within your role.
Working for a charitable organisation can make a big difference to your role. We are a values-based company who put the people we support first. The organisational purpose is focused on the people we support and making a difference to them. Warrington Community Living don’t need to make a profit we just need to make a difference!
You will be part of a team working in the community. You must be able to get around Warrington independently as you will be supporting people out and about and within their own homes which will include travelling across the borough.
As part of your role, you will provide 1:1 or group support to individuals who have previously experienced or are currently experiencing a mental health crisis.
Your role will include working with the individual to complete:
- Build Relationships
- Assessment and Goal Planning/ Personal Pathways
- Person Centred Support Planning
- Risk Management
- Outcome Focused support
- Advice and Guidance
- Referral and Signposting to other avenues of support
- £500 Welcome Bonus - new colleagues that join our team will receive a £500 welcome bonus when they pass their probation (excludes bank workers).
- £150 Qualification Bonus - not only will we pay for you to complete your qualifications, but on completing or passing a full qualification level 2 or above with us, we will reward you with a bonus for your efforts (as well as a bonus of up to £50 for passing the Care Certificate).
- Night Enhancement - all hours worked between 8pm and 8am will carry an additional £1 per hour enhancement. This will be applied whether it is regular contracted hours, bank hours or overtime.
- Free Meals - available to all staff who are working 12-hour shifts, to help you keep your energy levels up and provide a hot or cold meal should you want it.
- Refer a Friend £200 - if you refer a friend to come and work for WCL and they are successful, you will receive a £200 bonus.
- Christmas Enhancement (Double Time) - allocated Christmas hours worked will be rewarded with double-time pay.
BENEFITS: Ongoing training, and support - in work qualifications supported.
WHAT WE EXPECT IN RETURN: Warrington Community Living (WCL) is looking for colleagues who share our values and who want to make a difference. We want kind, caring, flexible and committed people who are open to continual learning.
Most of all we want colleagues who can keep the WCL promise to support people’s rights, choices and dreams.
You can download the job description by clicking on the link below.
To apply for this post complete the form below, remember to complete each of the 3 pages your application is not complete until you click submit at the end of the form.