Mental Health Support Workers - Park House
Job role: Specialist Support Worker - Community Mental Health & Wellbeing
Hours per week: 1 x 25 hour post (2 x 12.5 hour shifts - regular nights)
Shift hours: 7pm to 7.30am
Salary: £9.90 per hour
As a Mental Health Specialist Support Worker you will provide professional, high quality support to people who access our crisis house. You will do this in a way which maximises their choice and independence; supporting them to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions while championing our Values within your role.
Working for a charitable organisation can make a big difference to your role. We are a values-based company who put the people we support first. The organisational purpose is focused on the people we support and making a difference to them. Warrington Community Living don’t need to make a profit we just need to make a difference!
You will be part of a team working at Park House providing support 24 hours a day seven days a week.
As part of your role, you will provide 1:1 or group support to individuals who have previously experienced or are currently experiencing a mental health crisis.
Your role will include working with the individual around:
- Building relationships
- Assessment and goal planning/Personal pathways
- Person Centred support planning
- Risk management
- Outcome focused support
- Advice and guidance
- Referral and signposting to other avenues of support
- £500 Welcome Bonus - new colleagues that join our team will receive a £500 welcome bonus when they pass their probation (excludes bank workers).
- £150 Qualification Bonus - not only will we pay for you to complete your qualifications, but on completing or passing a full qualification level 2 or above with us, we will reward you with a bonus for your efforts (as well as a bonus of up to £50 for passing the Care Certificate).
- Night Enhancement - all hours worked between 8pm and 8am will carry an additional £1 per hour enhancement. This will be applied whether it is regular contracted hours, bank hours or overtime.
- Free Meals - available to all staff who are working 12-hour shifts, to help you keep your energy levels up and provide a hot or cold meal should you want it.
- Refer a Friend £200 - if you refer a friend to come and work for WCL and they are successful, you will receive a £200 bonus.
- Christmas Enhancement (Double Time) - allocated Christmas hours worked will be rewarded with double-time pay.
Set rotas which include a combination of shift patterns, ongoing training, and support (in work qualifications supported)
WHAT WE EXPECT IN RETURN: Warrington Community Living (WCL) is looking for colleagues who share our values and who want to make a difference. We want kind, caring, flexible and committed people who are open to continual learning.
Most of all we want colleagues who can keep the WCL promise to support people’s rights, choices and dreams.
In addition to this, you must have at least 2 years' experience of working with people with mental health needs and some experience of working with people in significant mental health crisis and have an understanding of how to support people through these.
You can download the person specification by clicking on the link below.
To apply for this post complete the form below.