Job role: Support Workers (Days)
Service: Heathside Mews - WA5 2EY
Hours per week : 24 or 36 hour posts available (6 and 12-hour shifts) on a 4 week rolling rota
Shift hours: 8am-8pm
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Experience/qualifications needed: None
Vaccinations: Successful applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide evidence of their vaccination status or a medical exemption
Heathside Mews is a 25 bed residential home based in Penketh. Heathside Mews provides a service for older people and people with dementia who need the support and safety of a shared living environment and have a reputation for being reliable and trustworthy.
The service supports residents with their day to day living needs, personal care and other areas which help people to live their life in a way that meets their needs, wants and wishes.
As a charity, we do what we can to show our teams that we value them and the life-changing work they do, so we offer the following:
- £500 Welcome Bonus - new colleagues that join our team will receive a £500 welcome bonus when they pass their probation (excludes bank workers).
- £150 Qualification Bonus - not only will we pay for you to complete your qualifications, but on completing or passing a full qualification level 2 or above with us, we will reward you with a bonus for your efforts (as well as a bonus of up to £50 for passing the Care Certificate).
- Night Enhancement - all hours worked between 8pm and 8am will carry an additional £1 per hour enhancement. This will be applied whether it is regular contracted hours, bank hours or overtime.
- Free Meals - available to all staff who are working 12-hour shifts, to help you keep your energy levels up and provide a hot or cold meal should you want it.
- Refer a Friend £200 - if you refer a friend to come and work for WCL and they are successful, you will receive a £200 bonus.
- Christmas Enhancement (Double Time) - allocated Christmas hours worked will be rewarded with double-time pay.
WCL Support Worker Brief:
Provide professional, high quality support people within their own home and other environments in a way which maximised their choice and independence; allowing them to have a high quality of life and make their own decisions while supporting and living out our Values within your role.
You will be required to deliver a person centred support to meet the care needs which included but are not limited to personal, practical, social and domestic support which is agreed within their individual plan while exemplifying best practice at all times. Support should promote the individual’s health and well-being and support them to be active members within their living environment and their local community.
The work will involve developing professional working relationships with families, colleagues, from WCL and other agencies. You will be responsible for completing relevant documentation for the people being supported compliance with guidance, statutory regulation and WCL policies and procedures.
You can download the job description by clicking on the link: Job description
To apply for this post please complete the short application form below:
(The form is just 3 short sections and should take less than 10mins to complete)