Twiss Green - Support Worker
Job role: 1 x Support Worker
Service: Twiss Green Lane - WA3 4DQ
Hours per week: 20 or 39 hours per week
Salary: £9.50 per hour in the day and £10.50 per hour at night
Experience/qualifications needed: None
Twiss Green Lane is a small residential home for up to four people with learning and physical disabilities who may also be classed as having PMLD. This specially adapted bungalow offers a homely environment with garden space, that gives the people that live there a really personal experience of support and adult life in their own home, but in the social company of living with a small group of other people.
No two days are the same, as no two of our residents are either. All packages of support are based on person centred planning, which means they are tailored to the bespoke needs of the individuals. Working towards positive outcomes for these individuals - however large or small those might be - is the passion of the service, and the colleagues who work there, who are trained to deliver a wide range of support. Support may include intimate and personal care, supporting behaviour that can be challenging, developing independence and confidence supporting positive relationships and total communication.
- £500 Welcome Bonus - new colleagues that join our team will receive a £500 welcome bonus when they pass their probation (excludes bank workers).
- £150 Qualification Bonus - not only will we pay for you to complete your qualifications, but on completing or passing a full qualification level 2 or above with us, we will reward you with a bonus for your efforts (as well as a bonus of up to £50 for passing the Care Certificate).
- Night Enhancement - all hours worked between 8pm and 8am will carry an additional £1 per hour enhancement. This will be applied whether it is regular contracted hours, bank hours or overtime.
- Free Meals - available to all staff who are working 12-hour shifts, to help you keep your energy levels up and provide a hot or cold meal should you want it.
- Refer a Friend £200 - if you refer a friend to come and work for WCL and they are successful, you will receive a £200 bonus.
- Christmas Enhancement (Double Time) - allocated Christmas hours worked will be rewarded with double-time pay.
You can download the job description by clicking on the link: Job description
To apply for this post please complete the short application below:
(The form is just 3 short sections and should take less than 10 minutes to complete)